At a glance:
Set in the Austrian Alps, Haus Heidi is a beautiful chalet with accommodation in 3 fully appointed self-catering apartments.
Ramsau am Dachstein is a sunny and peaceful plateau, nestled under the Dachstein mountain range and 400 metres above the Enns valley and World Cup ski resort of Schladming. Salzburg is a 1 hour drive away.
Haus Heidi is in the hamlet of Ramsau Kulm, and within a short walk of the local centre which offers: the Tourist Information office, medieval church, bus stop, sports shops, bakery, tabac, hotel and restaurants. A Billa supermarket is within a 5 minute walk.
There are 3 holiday apartments in Haus Heidi:
In summer, Ramsau has so much to offer!
* Dramatic scenery – mountains, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, gorges and glaciers. It is all here. A paradise for walkers and more experienced hikers and climbers.
* Activity, adventure, thrills and excitement - it is here! Go-karting down a mountain, zip-wires, tandem paragliding, downhill mountain biking, white-water rafting are just a few of the activities on offer.
* Peace and tranquillity, isolated mountain huts with local cuisine, high pastures with the sound of distant cowbells, and an abundance of fresh air - it is here.
* Museums, ice caves, castles, monasteries, salt mines - such a diverse offering of culture and history in this amazing area of Austria.
* And with the Summercard, one of the biggest all-inclusive cards in the region, over 100 free local facilities, including free buses, mountain lifts, swimming pools and lakes, museums and family programmes.
Ramsau offers every opportunity to enjoy winter activities. Schladming (15 minutes by free ski bus) is part of the Ski Amade Region which offers 760km of piste on 1 lift pass. Local lifts on the Ramsau plateau are ideal for beginners or families with young children. Ramsau is a famous cross country resort, with 220km of piste – and Haus Heidi is located right on the piste network. Year-round glacier skiing and boarding is available on the Dachstein glacier at 2,700m.
So whether summer or winter, come and enjoy a stay at Haus Heidi, in sunny Ramsau: an alpine experience to remember in beautiful and stunning scenery.
Jonathan Griggs & Natalie Green
Ramsau am Dachstein
Tel: +43(0)3687 80967
Read Haus Heidi reviews on